Support our Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ZakTechReviews
This is ROUND 3 (3rd time ordering) the Google Pixel 2 XL. I wanted to see if I could get a unit without a blue tint / shift issue. There are reports of some people receiving Pixel 2 XL devices that do not have the blue tint / shift issue.
I’ve had the OnePlus 5T since December 1st. I actually returned my first order (the 64 GB / 6GB RAM version) so I could upgrade to this 128GB / 8GB version. This is my daily driver!
To summarize my reasons for keeping the OnePlus 5T:
1. Fast face unlock. INSANELY fast.
2. Finger-print reader is crazy fast.
3. The OS is like stock Android on steroids. Very minimal and easy to customize.
4. Build quality. Very solid and feels good.
5. Dash charging. WOW! 15 min = 1/2 day charge. I don’t plug-in at night.
6. Screen on-time is just under 6 hours. I’m a heavy user (lots of notifications) so I’m very happy with this.
7. The OEM accessories (cases, cables, etc). Great packaging. Great materials used. Very well done.
Overall: this is a great device considering the mid/high range price range. They could definitely charge more, but OnePlus gives tremendously good value with this phone.
I’ve had the Apple iPhone for over 72 hours (close to 11 days now) and here are my thoughts and opinion of it.
To summarize: I wanted to like and use this phone. I really did! But it broke my work flow and how I do things every day. The camera and build quality is amazing. If you’re an Apple ecosystem person you’ll love this phone. Not so much for me. I’ll be going back to Android.
Pixel 2 XL Blue Shift Issue vs Pixel 2 vs iPhone X vs Galaxy S8
In this video we take a look at the blue tint / shift or tinge issue that the Google Pixle 2 XL has. When you tilt the phone, at the even slightest angle, you see a blue tinge or tint especially on white colors and backgrounds. We also compare it against the regular Pixel 2, the Apple iPhone X and Samsung Galaxy S8.
What are your thoughts on this issue? It is a hardware issue with the OLED display. This can not be corrected with software.